Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Oh How I Worry

Oh How I Worry

Remember last week when I wrote about how I found the blood on Thunder's chin?  Well, I have been keeping an eye on his health.  He threw up a few days later.  It was a bad one--I don't know if it was connected--or it was that tiny little hairball that finally came out.  I worried a lot that day.

After that, he seemed normal.  Having Maggie in lockdown for a few days when I wasn't home seemed to help.

The last couple days. he has seemed quiet, and I started worrying, again.  We missed a few play sessions, and he just wasn't purring enough.  Today, he mostly slept.  He has been eating plenty, but I missed the playing.

At 4:00, I couldn't take it anymore.  I picked him up and carried him to his tower--but he didn't want that.  He left, but instead of going back to his warm bed, he sat under a chair.  I started trying to get him to play.  It took a bit, but then, he became himself, again.  We had a wonderful play session.  We played for an hour.

Ellen suggested it was the weird weather.  It was 60, yesterday and 30 today.  In the past, he seems to be affected by temperature swings.  We even had a rare winter thunderstorm last night.  (That means much dog barking.)

I managed to worry myself sick.  Now he appears normal, again.  I was ready to take him to the vet...

No comments:

Post a Comment